Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Our Big Day Out.

jeuleine furlong

Yesterday I was busy in the garden with Sheeba happily running around searching for lizards and playing in the grass. I got sick of Tabetha's mournful meows at the screen door so I decided to let her out too-but without her cat walking jacket to see how she went. I want her to at least know where our house is in case she ever gets out the front door. With teenage friends visiting my son, no amount of nagging ensures they will always shut the door properly.

Anyway Tabs went fine and then just to be fair, I brought Katie out too. I just tied her up for a second while I went inside to get my gardening gloves. Yes I arrived back just to see her cleverly backing out of her jacket and making a dash for freedom-straight for the drain accross the street.

I called my husband who lifted up the grill and Katie decided to get out the way she had got in-rather a tight squeeze for her I might add. Louise if she had got into the pipes which she was contemplating the story might not have ended happily. Can just see her bulky figure stuck in the pipes somewhere, heading in the direction of your place.

Sheeba had a run-in with one of the neighbours cats and when I showed up, allerted by all the wailing I saw them engaged in one of those cat stand-offs. The other cat when it saw me, decided to make a run for it followed on it's heels by Sheeba. We are nick-naming her 'cat attack" now, as she shot off after it like a rocket. One of the main things I had worried about was if she could stand up for herself-as she is so gentle and cops a lot of bullying from Katie and Tabs. I guess she has decided enough is enough and she is not putting up with this outside in her territory.

Sheeba is a little darling and so smart.(Yes I do sound like a proud mum here) I let her out again this morning and I watched her trying to open the door to let Tabetha out too. She was jumping up at the door handle, then climbing onto pot plants to reach and when this failed, she decided to climb up the screen. She is one of those cats who you could teach almost anything.

Well not a lot else to report although Sheeba would probably tell you about the bush turkey she was stalking. On the whole their big day out was rather eventful in cat talk but not a lot interesting to humans happened-unless you are a follower of Louises sites. 

October 2, 2011 at 2:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Honestly with her weight you'd really think that by now Katie would be happy just to sit in the sun and watch the world go by.  You'll need to attach her to a bowling ball and chain.  At least Sheeba and Tabs are behaving themselves :)

October 4, 2011 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jeuleine furlong

I don't need the ball and chain Louise-just rope her to Tabs. She weighed in at seven kilos at the vets-the whole household, us included, is on a diet at the moment.

Yes Tabetha is really perfect at present-she likes the front door open so she can run inside if she gets frightened. She likes to know where I am and constantly calls me. She love being outside and it is so nice to watch them being cats.

Sheeba I don't trust as she is getting overly-confident, wanting to explore neighbours yards. She has started ignoring us when we call her back, so what we do is allow them out before their evening meal. As soon as they hear the bowls clinking they make a bee-line for the house.

Am about to make an appointment for the vets for Katie as she has a sore ear and keeps scratching it and shaking her head. I will get her needles done while there.

Well take care, and love from all of us here.xxxxxx

October 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Sounds like Katie has managed to pick up ear mites :(  

Good grief!!!  I can just image Tabs at 7kgs.  Her brother Solomon is a big boy too - (I didn't say overweight Anne, so don't hit me).  LOL

Good idea with the outside playtime being just before dinner.  You should see the rush here when I call dinner to put them all in their catteries.  It's absolute mayhem LOL.

Have fun on your diets :)

Take care.  Love from me and the furballs xxxxx

October 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jeuleine furlong

Would love to see it Louise. Hope you are ok with the storms. Tabs is helping me type this-was trying to get into a folded cardboard box but now is stuck behind the printer. She certainly is creative.

Is pouring down here-just got all my garden planted out-may have to move all the herbs in pots to under cover if this keeps up.

Well am off to bed now-was good to hear from you. Must get in touch with Ann and compare notes on Tabs and Soloman.

Since Tabetha had her teeth done at the vets she has been so docile-she seems to have made up her mind Sheragal is ok after all and now sits in front of him to watch tv. I am missing my lap cat but then again she was getting quite heavy. And no we are not enjoying dieting. Love Jeuleine.xxxxx

October 13, 2011 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.