Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Day to day running a Shelter > Saturday 16 April 2011

Louise
Site Owner

Well I looked after Natalie's little foster kittens for a couple of days and I have to say that they're gorgeous, happy little tykes and a credit to the love and care Natalie and her family have provided.  Young Cosmo is here at the shelter and will be desexed shortly and available for adoption.  Anyone interested can meet her and make preadoption enquiries if they like.  She's a lovely silver tabby with an adorable nature.  Lulu is being adopted by Natalie (tends to happen a lot with foster carers LOL) and little Meesha is now available for adoption having had all her vet work completed.  You can see her on the kittens available page.  She really is beautiful.

If you recall the beautiful tonkinese boy Grommit who was here a couple of months ago, well he's returned.  The lady who adopted him also had a young mastif cross dog and because it was so large and boisterous poor little Grommy wasn't exactly relaxing around it, understandably.  He's fine with Jena and Tayla here but then they're not walking, or running, mountain ranges LOL.  I really must get a good photo of Grommy because the one that I have goes nowhere near doing him justice.  A big thank you to Tony for collecting Grommy for me.

We made another trip to the coast and collected more pet food for distribution around the local area and it's amazing that it's still needed but we're still finding people in places where they're so grateful that someone has remembered them.  In many cases these pet food drops, even now, are the first sign of any help these people have received.

Mind you we came back with more than just food, when Cheryl, a friend of mine who's gone to the UK contacted me and wanted me to collect 2 beautiful old dogs for her while we were there.  Bert and Boof are 9 -10 year old foxy crosses and have been together all their lives.  They've waited for ages to be adopted and are now charging around out here waiting for Cheryl to return from the UK and take them to their very own new home.

Good news is that Spider has found his forever home and will heading off after Easter.  There is also a chance that Liam may have found his new home, although the people have yet to meet him.

April 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tony

Louise it was my pleasure to pick up Grommit I had only seen him once before briefly and it was nice to give him a bit of a cuddle when I collected him.. He really is a lovely boy and it was really hard to drive past my place to bring him back to you he very nearly got kidnapped :) I really hope he finds his own home he really does deserve it but then don't they all.

April 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.