Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Day to day running a Shelter > Sunday 27 June 2010

Louise
Site Owner

I just received photos of Max in his new home and he looks so happy and relaxed. Getting news and photos from new owners is what helps to keep me going. It's so nice to see the cats and kittens finally settled into loving homes. I've added the photo of Max asleep on "his" divan into the photo album of Adoptees in their new homes.

I also received an update on the gorgeous ginger tabby Missy who is dearly loved by her new owners and loves to play games in the early morning with her Mum.

All the little feral kittens are settling down nicely and there seems to be quite a bit of interest in them. They won't be available for adoption however until they're old enough to be desexed etc.

Katie, Ben and the family came out to the shelter today with a good storage cupboard that has gone into one of the main catteries for bedding etc, a bbq, a small table which will be used in the revamped maternity complex and some bedding and soft toys also mainly for the new maternity wards.  Thanks guys.  

I do wish that this overcast weather would go away and we could get some decent sunshine instead. Ever since I started putting Millie's kittens outside so they could get some sunshine we haven't had any LOL.  Millie herself is enjoying a second kittenhood and decided about midnight last night to play with a big heavy plastic dumbbell thingy with a bell inside it. I darn near beaned her with the darn thing but let her continue to play because she just looked so happy. It's nice to see after the condition she was in both physically and mentally when she first arrived.

Mia's little kittens (I'll have to get a photo) are the cutest little tykes and all line up on top of their cabinet in the cattery and look out the window to see what's going on. So you end up with five little silver tabby heads peeking through the window at you.

I'll have to worm them out and give them their first shots when Kim comes out on Tuesday after I get back from the vets.  The next ones to be desexed after the lot this week will be the new little arrivals from Gympie including the two gorgeous fluffy ginger tabbys. So watch for the new kittens going up for adoption over the next couple of weeks.

Again today I didn't get finished the first set of rounds until around 4pm this afternoon. I think for the moment at least I'm going to have to content myself with the fact that only one set of rounds is possible until the numbers begin to decrease a little. Hmm good luck with that one :/

June 27, 2010 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.