Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Day to day running a Shelter > Thursday 13 May 2010

Louise
Site Owner

Well yesterday I got Chelsea desexed and by the time I went to collect her in the afternoon it seems that the entire staff at the vet clinic had managed to fall in love with her. The little purr queen had worked her magic on them all. She is now recuperating at home with Anne for foster carer. 

All of Chelsea's kittens (all 7 of them) also received their first vaccinations yesterday and one of the little girls definitely wasn't too keen on that darn needle. She wiggled like crazy every time it went anywhere near her so a little kitten conning was required. Anne held her and I kept picking up different needles that had the security caps on them and putting them on her neck until her got used to the idea and then prick. And she didn't even realise it had finally happened. LOL

If anyone has been watching any of the kittens on the website please note that for the remainder of the month of May (only) the price of the kittens under 12 mths of age has been reduced by $50 to $100. With other 25 kittens now in residence or foster who require vet work to be done ie desexing, vaccinating, microchipping, worming etc prior to being listed for adoption the shelter is in desperate need of additional funding, hence the price reduction on available kittens. It's not something that I would normally do, but at this point in time with so much vet work to be done and a waiting list for cats and kittens trying to get into the shelter for safety I simply have no option. 

If anyone can or knows of anyone who can organise any sort of fund raising events then their assistance would be greatly appreciated at the present time.

Thank you again to Sherin and Karen for more bags of Advance cat and kitten dry feed which I'll be collecting this morning.  Also a thank you to Amanda who has donated a car load of sundry items to the shelter including some warm bedding for the cats and kittens.

May 12, 2010 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.