Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Day to day running a Shelter > Tuesday 11 May 2010

Louise
Site Owner

Been slack I know.  I've just had 2 new kittens 10 weeks old dropped off at the shelter. Both are females named Mop and Bucket.  I've vaccinated them and they'll be desexed and microchipped in the next couple of weeks ready for adoption.

Chelsea is being desexed tomorrow and her kittens will receive their first vaccinations.

Adrienne has uploaded photos of her families visit to the shelter and you can see these in the Photo Gallery, I think under Mothers Day photos.  The cats and kittens certainly enjoyed their visit and I'm very grateful for all the feed and supplies they dropped off as well.

I can't access the photo gallery which is really annoying because I wanted to upload a photo of a missing cat that has been reported.  She is a female, brown tabby, 1 year and 6 mths old, missing from Alexandra Hills in Brisbane.  It you're following the shelter on Facebook her photo is available there. Her name is Oscar and if you spot her you can contact her Mum Megan on 0403 704 171.  I'll get her photo up as soon as I can get access to the gallery.

The washing never seems to stop around here at the moment but tomorrow will be hectic with a lot of tripping around, so the washing machine will get a much needed break.

Poor Cara got out by accident last night and went into a complete panic because she's never been outside on her own and certainly not after dark.  The poor girl was attacked by some of the wild ferals out in the paddocks and she was so confused and flustered that she just kept running. It was only thanks to Denise the Menace managing to pounce on her at just the right moment and sending her flying up the ramp into the house that I was finally able to catch her.  I had visions of spending all night falling down holes and tripping over tree branches.  The poor girl now refuses to let me out of her sight and I can guarantee that the last thing on her mind at the moment is going anywhere near that confounded door.

I'll have to pick up a whole heap of dry cat and kitten food tomorrow along with another load of cat litter.  I've just remembered that the meat will be delivered tomorrow and unfortunately I'll be out. I entirely forgot to cancel the order today. Hopefully leaving a note will suffice.

It's cooling down very fast and the younger kittens are really starting to feel the change.  Hopefully their winter coats will kick in soon.  

May 11, 2010 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.