Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Day to day running a Shelter > Monday 3 May 2010

Louise
Site Owner

Well the good news is that today Pumpkin found a new family.  He's a gorgeous boy and I hope he settles in well and he and his family are together for many years to come.

Silly me thought oh good one down and the girls and OJ head off to the vet tomorrow for desexing so they can go up for adoption as well.  I really must stop saying things like that.

Later in the day I was contacted by Alex who'd been given only a few hours in which to find a foster home for an almost 12 mth old entire tom.  Being a long weekend Alex was having trouble organising foster carer accommodation for Felix. She was finally able to reach one of their volunteers Leanne who collected Felix from her tonight and transported him to her home in Ipswich. I'll collect him tomorrow in between trips to the vets.  As I'll have to make a number of trips back and forth into Ipswich and try to get the shelter catteries sorted at the same time.

Also young Shelby arrived tonight and I'll put a photo of her onto the kitten page asap.  She is a bit like a minny Muffin at this stage.  Muffin being the gorgeous golden torti semi long hair female that was adopted some months ago.  Shelby is around 5 mths old and very friendly and easy going and gets on well with other cats and dogs.  She will be desexed and microchipped tomorrow.

So typical of the way shelter life goes it was 1 out and 2 in.  

May 3, 2010 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.