Brisbane Valley Cat Rescue

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Notifications of new arrivals at the Shelter

Louise
Site Owner

Another 2 small kittens around 8 weeks old were found dumped in the state forest around Nanango over the weekend.  These will also be added to the album for new arrivals as soon as I am able to.  THESE ARE THE LAST KITTENS OR CATS THAT CAN BE ACCOMMODATED AT THE SHELTER UNTIL SOME OF THE CURRENT CATS HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.

A very big thank you to Sue and Ron for taking these two off my hands almost as soon as they arrived.  I think these would have been the 2 that broke the camels back or mine :)

December 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Dixie an 11 year old male dark grey tabby, a young gorgeous torti female, an 8 weeks old grey and white male kitten plus an unrelated grey and white female kitten and a pale ginger male kitten around 8 weeks old. All arrived at the shelter in the last few days. Photos can be found in the New Arrivals album.

January 21, 2010 at 5:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

A gorgeous young torti female has arrived at the shelter after being dumped. She is suffering from tonsilitus of all things and will be on the mend after a course of antibiotics.

February 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Tiffany a gorgeous grey tabby torti female arrived after being literally thrown through the door at the AWL Qld vet surgery in Ipswich recently suffering from possible tick paralysis. This beautiful girl will be available for adoption shortly.  The AWL vets did an excellent job caring for Tiffany knowing full well that they were unlikely to ever receive compensation for their work. Good on you guys and thank you on behalf of Tiff.

February 2, 2010 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Little OJ (ginger male) and his little sister Camilla (silver tabby) only 8 weeks old have also arrived at the shelter and will be available for adoption once all their vet work is completed. They are gorgeous, happy little kittens and quite a handful.

February 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Little Rally a cute blue grey kitten with white feet has also arrived at the shelter.  He is only about 10 weeks old and will also be available for adoption in the next few weeks. He is a real little purrer and just loves to be the centre of attention.

February 2, 2010 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

A handsome gleaming all black neutered male Cerius has arrived at the shelter and has just completed his quaranteen period. He is a little shy but is an extremely gentle boy who seems used to cats and dogs. It will take him a while to get to know you however before he's prepared to come out to play when he's adopted 

February 19, 2010 at 3:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

28 February 2010 saw a tiny 4 week old female kitten arrive at the shelter.  Little Sophia was abandoned by her mother when she moved the other 3 litter mates to a different location.  It will be some time before this little one is ready for adoption and young Mugwort has taken over kitten sitting duties whenever Sophia is out of her cage.  I will keep you updated on her progress over the coming weeks.  A photo will be posted as soon as possible.  She is very much the same colouring as Spunky but a much teenier version of course.

1 March 2010: Unfortunately the day after her arrival little Sophia passed away in my arms after receiving medication for a severe hook worm infection. Weakened by her abandonment and poor condition due to the worms themselves, her system was choked by the sheer overload of the detaching worms. Had someone taken the time to worm out the mother cat during and after the pregnancy little Sophia would be alive now. She stood no chance against the callous disregard of the humans in her short life. And as usual it is the innocent victim who pays the ultimate price not the perpetrator. And if anyone is wondering - yes I did cry and I'm about to start doing it again.

The humans in her life disregarded Sophia's welfare and no doubt disregard the welfare of her mother as well. Want to know something really funny??? Young Mugwort a 4 mth old kitten raised here at the shelter after having been dumped himself in a swamp at about 4 weeks of age, met Sophia for the very first time yesterday afternoon. Mugwort slept with Sophia, one leg over her sleeping form to protect her and was sitting beside me when she passed away. Almost the instant I realised she was gone, so did Mugwort and he gently nuzzled her little body and then looked at me with sad questioning eyes. If we humans are so darned wonderful and marvelous explain to me how it is that a young kitten can care more for Sophia than the humans responsible for her care??????????????????????

February 28, 2010 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Humans suck at caring sometimes. Thankfully Louise you care most of all.

March 5, 2010 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Two more tiny abandoned kittens have arrived at the shelter.  I know the doors are supposed to be closed but who else is there for these little ones?  They certainly aren't old enough to fend for themselves at 3 or so weeks.  They were in poor condition, as usual, with one of them just lying limply in my hand.  That was yesterday.  Today after a little natural flea powder and an amazingly large number of whiskas sachets and access to water they are both pretty chipper.  I can also vouch for the fact that they both have a good set of lungs.

March 6, 2010 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

OK it's been a while since I updated this section. Another small kitten has been brought to the shelter. It's around 5 weeks old and very much the same colouring as Spunky (his photo is on the kitten page).  It is very timid at the moment and obviously hasn't been handled very much if at all. As it was found abandoned it may even be from a feral mother, but it is going to be gorgeous.  It's currently running around with the other 2 small rescue kittens who are so confounded friendly now it gets to be hazardous cleaning out their pen. LOL  This kitten arrived around 15 March 2010. 

March 19, 2010 at 7:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Also around 12 March 2010 I accepted in 2 cats, 1 a gorgeous 4 year old neutered ginger tom and his young mate a gorgeous 12 mth old female tabby. These 2 will be available for adoption shortly. Max the tom will be placed for adoption once microchipped and his mate Sheba still needs desexing as well as microchipping.  They had been living in a caravan with their owner for some time so would be fine as totally indoor cats. They can be adopted either separately or together.  Max seems to have been the one who received all of the attention and young Sheba is really loving the fact that she's now getting individual attention and you can see her eyes light up when she gets pats etc.

March 19, 2010 at 7:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

On 16 March 2 x 10 year old neutered toms arrived at the shelter. They have been very much loved and are in excellent condition. They are both grey tabby with Scrabble being the darkest and Charlie being lighter. They're both good size boys but they will take some time to adjust to a new family. They can be adopted either together (ideal) or individually. I'll put them up on the adoptions page as soon as I can get a couple of good photos.

March 19, 2010 at 8:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Three part persian kittens, grey and grey and white arrived at the shelter and are now in foster care with Gillian and Nathan. Thanks guys. Photos are in the photo gallery. The kittens are all doing well and will be listed for adoption once desexed etc. You can keep track of them via the photo gallery or blog under Foster Kittens and Cats.

April 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Little Button was found as a stray under a shop and is now in foster care with Leanne and her family. Button is a rare chocolate tabby and absolutely gorgeous.  Button will be placed for adoption after desexing etc.

April 19, 2010 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Mia, a 14 mth old grey tabby arrived at the shelter with her 5 x 2 day old kittens.  Mum and kittens are settling in fine.  The kittens are premmies and extremely tiny. I will be looking for a foster carer/s for Mia and the kittens once I'm sure the kittens are stable health wise. If you're interested please phone me on 5426 4147.  Mia is extremely affectionate and just a lovely little soul.

April 19, 2010 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

OK this morning I received a call from Bob in Gailes. People in the local area know that he does fostering for the RSPCA and some for AWLQld and he ended up with 3 small 3-4 wk old kittens being left on his doorstep overnight. He desperately needed someone to take them who could bottle feed them until they were able to eat solid food. I put the call out on facebook and within seconds had a volunteer to take on the task. Thank you Paris and Jenny. We'll keep you all updated on the kittens progress. Bearing in mind that none of us have seen them at this stage so we don't really know what their condition is at the present time.

April 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Pumpkin, Muffin's handsome ginger and white son, has been returned to the shelter after the new landlord didn't allow cats in his house. Many of you will remember the blog and forum stories about Muffin and her kittens as you watched their antics as they grew here at the shelter.  Pumpkin had been adopted by his foster carer cause she fell in love with him.  He's as overly macho and self opinionated as ever and is going to be a very big boy once fully grown.  He's only 15 mths old at present and is a semi long hair like his mum.  He's very outgoing and very people friendly and will make an ideal cuddle cat for someones family.  He gets on well with other cats and kittens and dogs.  As he is already microchipped, vaccinated and neutered he has been included on the adult cat for adoption page and is ready for his new home.  Pumpkin is the original Mr Attitude and he'll wrap you around his paw if you let him.

April 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Kitty is a cute young calico ie tortie and white.  She is only 5 mths old and came to the shelter with Pumpkin.  She was a stray.  Kitty is very friendly and is used to children, cats and dogs.  Kitty has to wait to be desexed, vaccinated and microchipped before being placed for adoption.  

April 24, 2010 at 4:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louise
Site Owner

Robbie. Yep he's coming back again. Poor Robbie is a gorgeous cat and his new Mum loves him dearly and says she will miss his company very much but he's taken to trying to run off her senior Ridgeback dog and is quite serious about it. Robbie always gets on very well with Jena here at the shelter so my best bet is that after playing second fiddle to Harry all his life Robbie wants to be top male in his new home.  The first time he returned was because the people kept trying to pick him up, which I had already stated was not on because of his size and the fact that he would be way too uncomfortable being picked up.  Lauren then loved him on sight and he settled in well until he started trying to run off the dog.  Tiffany who was adopted with him is fine.  So Robbie will need a home where preferably he has either no other pets in the home or has a female cat or kitten as company.  Not sure about dogs but seeing as how he gets on well with Jena, a female could possibly be fine.  Anyway he'll be back over the next day or so and will then be relisted for adoption.  I do hope that he can find his forever home soon because he really is a lovely cat and despite his problems finding a new home he's not at all demanding or hard to please.  At least he returns to the shelter and with each adoption the perfect home gets closer for him.

April 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.